Thursday, March 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Blondies





I've never really liked blondies, but I made them anyway, because I had an excess of peanut butter cups that needed to be put to use. I think on some level I was hoping that by adding the peanut butter cups I would magically start to like blondies. Unfortunately, I still don't like them but the peanut butter cups did help to break up the blondie's extreme sweetness. If one good thing came from baking these, it is that I finally realized one very basic fact: The blondie is essentially the browie's albino cousin and the only major difference between the two is cocoa content. While brownies use varying amounts of cocoa and taste mostly chocolate, a blondie's flavor is from brown sugar. As a natural brunette, my inclination is to root for team brownie, but i'm sure this won't be my last batch of blondies. Maybe i'll find a recipe that changes my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment